Tuesday 4 April 2017

BEN COX COMES AND SAYS THINGS

BEN COX of the CIA came and said some things.


These are the images I chose to show.
I was a bit uneasy cause I realised quite a few of the images were fan art, whoops. But they're stuff I think looks the best and shows my tone of voice. 

I realised immediately, I am still not confident - I thought I'd gotten better but nope still bad at talking to people about my work. 

Feedback from Ben: 

* I have a distinct tone of voice which is good & recognisable (he said the moon lady was very beautiful, I was honoured) 

*work so far looks like it could be very publishing based

* composition is strong

*the projects I've done are pretty self indulgent and niche. from a commercial standpoint I should try doing more applied things - editorial, adverts, etc - he suggested I try looking at adverts etc and seeing how I would do them 

I knew this was something I needed to look at in my work as I have been very self indulgent this year due to the fact that last year I messed up a lot of projects cause I just wasn't passionate about them, so I decided to purely do things I wanted in the last year of the degree. 

I am tempted to do some quickfire tests of adverts or editorial stuff just to prove to myself I can do it, and to add to my portfolio. (or incorporate something similar into my FMP?)

No comments:

Post a Comment