Monday 24 April 2017

PPP III: Position Statement

Kooky creative || Wacky Arteest || Print Gremlin || Cut and paste experimenter || Digital trickster || mixed media magician || Chronic doodler & Village Witch

At this time my practice is at a point where I have developed a distinct tone of voice / style and what media works for me; which happens to be mixed media. I thought a too distinct tone of voice would hinder me but it's actually pushed my practice forward as I've been able to experiment a lot more with print-making, papercut, photography, painting and retain my 'style'.This gives me hope that my work will at some point be recognisable as mine at a glance.

I have been very self indulgent this year when it comes to the projects I've taken on, which allowed me to make a large portfolio of work that I am actually proud to showcase. Area's and themes I have been working with are music - record sleeve designs, posters, logos etc. This is something I want to look at more in the future as I'm passionate about music. Pattern is also something I have a growing interest in, as well as the application of my work. I find it really satisfying to see my work on products, this is something I'm looking into by contacting brands, clothing companies etc. as well as having my redbubble account.

My long term goals for the future involve being able to support myself in adult life; for me this involves having my own place (not living with my parents), being able to comfortably afford food as well as an occasional 'treat yoself' item, and potentially owning a hoard of pets.

As stated previously in my blog I have a few future plans; having my work in a mystery box for witches, and doing a pet portrait for a family member, both of which are paid. I am also taking part in an exhibition honouring Burlesque Star 'Satans Angel', the exhibition is not paid but there is opportunity to sell prints at the performance events.

 In the future I want to look more at getting involved in social issues I feel strongly about such as LGBTQ+ and feminist things. I plan to continue making patterns and work that I can upload to my redbubble store and branch out into making my own merchandise when I have the funds for it.

I want to keep pushing myself, and leave my comfort zone. For example although I did not think I was interested in editorial work, I have been thinking about it a lot recently and do not want to close myself off to any opportunities that may be good for the growth of my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment