Thursday 20 April 2017

Have I been contacting people? Oh boy have I!


I have been contacting brands that I'm interested in working with as well as illustrators I have found or am a fan of already. 

I also have a couple of projects I'm trying to get involved with which are run by friends or family. 

The companies have been really great replying with what they look for and how they hire illustrators, which has been a great help and a confidence boost which has made me more confident sending my work out to more people and express my interest in working for or with certain people and companies!! I've tried not to be afraid of sending out multiple emails as I know people do miss things or forget about stuff and sometimes sending that follow up email does get a reply. 

I have also contacted people on social media (this is just my emails) 
A thing I'm unsure about doing is contacting bands, smaller bands it's fine to send facebook messages but larger bands are harder to contact personally and I'm still afraid of sending an email to their agent or something hahaha, maybe I'll get over it eventually. 

One illustrator who replied really quickly was Drew Millward, who gave me some tips on getting into doing art-work for bands / musicians which I totally appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment